⭐ Join The Drunk Shakespeare Society for an unforgettable evening of Shakespearean revelry, where cocktails meet the classics. Set within a speakeasy located behind the Sage Theater, five fearless actors take on the classics after downing shots of various alcohols. Every show is different depending on who is drinking... and what they're drinking!
🎫 Balcony Seating for 1 person
🎫 Mezzanine Seating for 1 person
🎫 Stage Side Seating for 1 person
🍸 Glam cocktail bar and library to explore
😂 A hilarious way to watch Shakespeare
✨ Every show is different!
🕒 Dates and times: various dates and times available (select during purchase)
📍 Location: the Sage Theater
⏳ Duration: 90 minutes with no interval
🍸 Please note: craft cocktails and snacks will be available for purchase throughout the show.
👤 Age requirement: 21+ with valid ID
♿ Accesibility: the venue is ADA compliant
❓ Please see your ticket for more details
"Drink, sir, is a great provoker..." This magical stage where great things happen is set in a hidden speakeasy located behind the Sage Theater D.C.. Guests enter to find a glam cocktail bar and library with over 10,000 books. Five classically-trained actors meet as members of "The Drunk Shakespeare Society". One of them has at least 5 shots of whiskey and then they (quite over-confidently) attempt to perform a major role in a Shakespearean play! Hilarity and mayhem ensues while the four sober actors try and keep the script on track. Every show is different depending on who is drinking... and what they're drinking!
- This was probably the best experience I’ve ever had. The cast was phenomenal, the staff was great. It was so much fun. If you want an original and AMAZING night out- GO SEE THIS SHOW!
- So much fun and interesting way of experiencing Shakespeare
- ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Will definitely go back!
- This was incredibly fun, hilarious and stellar experience. Go now!!
- Hilarious, they involve the audience, such a fantastic night
- So much fun!!
- I've never laughed so hard in my life, or been more thankful to be a theatre kid! The actors were fantastic!
- It was cool but the seating could of been more comfortable
- What a fun show! Great actors and fun comedy.
- Didn't know what to expect and had a fantastic time! The venue, the atmosphere, and the actors were amazing!
- This was such a great time! The actors were so funny. The drinks tasted great and there were so many great restaurants for after the show. We will be coming again because no show is the same they say.
- Fabulous!! Very entertaining and enjoyed audience participation
- Lots of laughs
The Sage Theatre
1100 13th St NW, Washington, DC, 20005
Don't miss out!
Select date and session
- Jun 2023
- Jul 2023
- Aug 2023
- Sep 2023
- Oct 2023
- Nov 2023
- Dec 2023
- Jan 2024
––– Low availability