Tickets for Dining in the Dark at Ambar Clarendon
🎫 Green Menu (vegan) for 1 person
🎫 Blue Menu (seafood) for 1 person
🎫 Red Menu (meat) for 1 person
🍲 A blindfolded dining experience: explore the full potential of your taste buds
👩🍳 A secret and exclusive 3-course menu, including starter, main and dessert
🍽️ Enjoy the nuances of each ingredient as you heighten your senses of taste and smell
⭐ Ambar Clarendon - offering a wide variety of Balkan peninsula tastes and feelings
🎃 Halloween-themed experience available in October!
📅 Dates and times: select your dates/times in the ticket selector
📍 Location: Ambar Clarendon
⏳ Duration: 90 minutes (doors open 30 mins prior and late entry is not permitted)
👤 Age requirement: 12+. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
❓ View the FAQs for this event here
❗ A $10 per person food gratuity and any drinks consumed are to be paid after the experience
📱 After purchase, indicate your dietary requirements using the form provided
👉 If you would like to book a private event, please click here
🟢 Green (Vegan)
Starter: Mediterranean flavors from the orchard float atop a light, fluffy base
Main: A traditional Mediterranean dish, reimagined with a crimson vegan twist
Dessert: Soft, creamy layers harmonize with strong, bitter flavors. It's truly one of a kind.
🔵 Blue (Seafood)
Starter: A citrius, smokey flavorful dish to contrast with the main dish. Inspired by Spanish flavors.
Main: This catch washes up onto your plate, inspired by a unique Southern blend, it combines a sweet and sour tang to provide an interesting twist.
Dessert: An Italian-inspired sweet special. Delicate layers come together to create a subtle texture contrast.
🔴 Red (Meat)
Starter: Taste this warm and tasty broth, with a spicy Mexican-inspired kick to bring you up to temperature
Main: This surprising Filipino inspired dish and cut carries a very fitting name, but we won't say more... It's a secret!
Dessert: Creamy, sweet, and perfectly seasonal European inspired treat.
Ever wondered what it is like to eat in the dark? Eminent psychologists have been advocating dining in the dark as the ultimate taste experience for many years. Studies show that 80 percent of people eat with their eyes; with that sense eliminated, the theory is that the other senses—namely taste and smell—take over to elevate your meal to a whole new level. After donning your blindfold in the darkened, candlelit room, you'll soon realise that focusing on taste and smell alone can be a truly enlightening experience—provided you're not afraid of the dark!
- It was a mindful experience!
- Thanks for everything!!
- I loved this sensory dinner experience. I wasn't expecting anything because I didn't know what to expect. but would easily do it over again!!!!
- An amazing experience! Have already recommended this event to friends.
- Great experience! A little expensive for small portion sizes but overall fun experience.
- Five star experience, food was pretty good for the experience. Would definitely do it again. Communication on when the food arrives could be a bit better.
- Neat experience. Tasty food. It was fun trying to guess what we were served and comparing it to what they announced as reality after the course was done.
- Excellent! Highly recommended
- If you doubt - don’t doubt, just for it! Delicious food, great vibe and unforgettable experience!!! You won’t regret it!
- Great unconventional date night experience. It was refreshing to taste new flavors and meet new people.
- It was my first time and it was a time to remember I had a blast the food was so good it was a fun experience would definitely do it again
- Wonderful, just a great experience overall. Drinks were very well made & tasty, the staff was welcoming & engaging and the food experience, forget about it! Thank you!
- so muchfun, highly recommended
- A fun and enjoyable experience!
Ambar Restaurant - Clarendon
2901 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, 22201-3807
Don't miss out!
Select date and session