⭐ Mexican Geniuses: A Frida & Diego Immersive Experience is a 360º digital art exhibit in Washington DC that invites you to step into the incomparable universe of Frida and Diego, two of the most inspiring and revolutionary artists of the 20th century.
👉 Check out the Frida Friday and Diego Domingo special events inside the same venue here!
🚨 Get your tickets before the exhibition ends on December 4! 🚨
Official Tickets for Mexican Geniuses Washington DC
🎫 Standard Access - includes entry to the Frida & Diego exhibit in DC
- Child (ages 4–12)
- Senior (65+), Student (13–26) or Military
- Family Bundle: min. 4 people, of which max. 2 adults
- Group Bundle: 6 or more people
🎫 VIP Access - includes entry to the exhibition, skip-the-line entry to the VR experience, and a poster of your choice
- VIP Adult
- VIP Child (ages 4–12)
For exclusive group sessions, please click here
*Standard Access ticket holders can purchase entry to the VR experience separately on site
🎨 A never-before-seen exhibit dedicated to the artwork of Frida and Diego
🧑🎨 Immerse yourself in the artists’ portraits and paintings with a 360-degree digital show, an enveloping sound system and the most innovative technology
✨ Explore over 300 Frida & Diego projections, ranging from miniature to monumental
🎧 Hear explanations and details on the life of these two iconic artists, and learn about the influence they had on each other
📽️ Virtual reality: embark on a visually-rich journey to Mexico with a unique VR experience
🔈 Featuring workshops for kids plus talks, academic panels, guides, and educational material
📅 Date: various dates available (select when you purchase)
🕒 Opening hours (time slots available every half hour):
- Tuesdays–Fridays: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturdays: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sundays: 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Oct. 9: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
⏳ Duration: the visit takes approx. 1 hour 30 minutes
📍 Location: Whitfield Entertainment Group Studios, Washington D.C.
From October 20 users must access WEG Studios through the secondary entrance located on 1235 W St NE
👤 Age requirement: all ages are welcome! Free entry for children under 4 years old
❓ Please consult the FAQs of this experience here
🚗 Paid parking available on-site for an additional $15 fee
✔️ Safety measures will be in place throughout the experience
Featured Artworks at Mexican Geniuses Washington DC
At this immersive experience, see recreations of some of Frida's most famous paintings including:
- The Two Fridas (1939) by Frida Kahlo
- Self Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird (1940) by Frida Kahlo
- Viva La Vida, Watermelons (1954) by Frida Kahlo
- Frida and Diego Rivera (1931) by Frida Kahlo
Mexican Geniuses: A Frida & Diego Immersive Experience is the first and definitive immersive experience showcasing the life and work of the two most iconic personalities of Mexican art. Featuring innovative technology and projections of over 300 paintings and portraits, this unique and mesmerizing digital exhibit transmits all the beauty, emotion and transcendence of Frida and Diego’s works, which continue to make an impact even today. Discover what lies behind the minds of the two revolutionary Mexican painters as you walk through their art: see their world, their life, their dreams, and everything that influenced them, surrounding you in a flurry of sound and color. Are you ready to step inside Frida & Diego's artwork? Get your tickets for Frida & Diego Washington DC!
- Bernadette C.Sep 2022An awesome experience and the staff was very friendly. I would encourage anyone to take the journey. This art exhibit is like no other 👍🏾
- Kristina N.Sep 2022Such an awesome experience, learned so much!
- Stephanie P.Sep 2022I loved all the photo ops and the mural was super cute. Some of the projections in the Immersion room was a bit creepy, but thanks to the signs I was prepared for that. I learned more about Diego and Frida that what was taught to me in elementary school.
- Beth L.Sep 2022This is my third immersive experience type event , it still Amazes!! Great exhibit. Employees were super welcoming and helpful. The only issue was the location, the stated address was not helpful. Per GPS I ended up in an industrial area I used the directions in the email they were helpful
- Nancy W.Sep 2022The staff was courteous and helpful! Really enjoyed all aspects of the exhibit
- Davd&lynne L.Sep 2022Awesome!!
- Maritza A.Sep 2022I was very impressed with the visuals, however I would have liked for the exhibition to be bilingual. Cater to your audience. These are Mexican geniuses that spoke Spanish!!!!
- Deborah Y.Sep 2022The combination of rooms, videos and VR brought to life the story of Frieda and Diego in a very creative manner
- Joana T.Sep 2022very cool.
- Darnea Zamora Z.Sep 2022I enjoyed the exhibit immensley. There was extensive detail provided in a concise and warm manner. It is a beautiful tribute to the legacy of Frida and Diego.
- Theresa K.Sep 2022It was a wonderful exhibit. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is I thought it should be a little darker in the big room with projected 4 wall so the walls would be more vibrant. Also there should have been more swivel stools so everyone could experience the 360 degrees better.
- Rosie P.Oct 2022Wonderful exhibit! Truly a sensory experience. Beautiful done and felt like you were in a bit of a time warp!
- Shaneka B.Oct 2022It was absolutely amazing! It’s definitely a must see exhibit if you haven’t seen it.
- Ellen R.Oct 2022So nice, spacious, airy and the visuals are great.
- Margaret M.Sep 2022Fabulous experience rich with information, visually stimulating art, video, music, and virtually reality. I love Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera and this event showcased their talent!
Whitfield Entertainment Group Studios
1900 West Place, Washington, D.C. 20018, 20018