⭐ CARNE y ARENA is an Academy Award®-winning, groundbreaking and immersive virtual reality experience by director Alejandro G. Iñárritu. Based on true accounts, CARNE y ARENA allows visitors in Richmond Waterfront to walk in a vast space and live a fragment of the refugees’ personal journeys through the use of state-of-the-art VR technology. Get your tickets!
Tickets for CARNE y ARENA: A Groundbreaking Virtual Reality Experience in Richmond Waterfront
🎫 Standard Admission - includes entry to the experience
- Adult (ages 16+)
- Student (ages 15+) - valid ID required
🤩 Discover a groundbreaking and immersive virtual reality experience by Academy Award®-winning director Alejandro G. Iñárritu
🌎 Explore the human condition of immigrants and refugees through VR technology
🙌 In partnership and produced by Legendary Entertainment, Emerson Collective, Fondazione Prada and PHI Studio
📽️ CARNE y ARENA premiered at the 70th Cannes Film Festival, the first virtual reality project to be featured in the festival's history
📅 Date: various dates available (select when you purchase)
🕒 Opening hours:
- Wednesdays–Thursdays: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. (last entry 7:45 p.m)
- Fridays: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. (last entry 8:45 p.m)
- Saturdays: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. (last entry 8:45 p.m)
- Sundays: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (last entry 5:45 p.m)
- Boxing Day Monday December 26 From 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Last entry 5 p.m.)
- Monday January 2 - 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (last entry 5 p.m.)
- Martin Luther King Day Monday, January 16 - From 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (last entry 5 p.m.)
⏳ Duration: 30 minutes
📍 Location: The Craneway Pavilion
👤 Age requirement: 15+ with valid ID
♿ Accessibility: the exhibition is accessible to those with reduced mobility, although additional assistance may be required. Please see the FAQs for more information and contact the venue prior to visit
❓ Please consult the FAQs of this experience here
Ready to immerse yourself in CARNE y ARENA (Virtually present, Physically invisible)? Alejandro G. Iñárritu's Academy Award®-winning virtual reality experience explores the human condition of immigrants and refugees. Based on true accounts, the superficial lines between subject and bystander are blurred and bound together, allowing individuals to walk in a vast space and thoroughly live a fragment of the refugees' personal journeys using state-of-the-art VR technology. Get your tickets for CARNE y ARENA: A Groundbreaking Virtual Reality Experience in Richmond Waterfront!
- My mom went through this experience and afterwards she said it was deeply moving and incredibly powerful, an experience that resonated with her deeply since she went through the same thing
- Immersive experience. Words can not express the multitudes of emotions one feels in this experience.
- The immersive aspects were gripping. Definitely worth experiencing!
- Heartbreaking and powerful
- Impactful. Powerful.
- my first VR experience. rally interesting and moving
- Very moving
- Powerful experience
- Extremely powerful and sentimental.
- Thank you for this amazing and powerful experience.
- great experience highly recommend.
- Such a raw and educative experience. Would highly recomend ! Its life changing!
- It is so important to hear these stories. Thank you to all who created the experience.
- really incredible :)
- Very good, very interesting. Never done anything like it.
The Craneway Pavilion
1414 Harbour Way South Richmond, CA, 94804
Select date and session
- Dec 2022
- Jan 2023