Tickets for Dining in the Dark in D.C. at Paraiso Taquería y Mezcalería
🎫 Green Menu (vegan) for 1 person
🎫 Blue Menu (seafood) for 1 person
🎫 Red Menu (meat) for 1 person
🍲 A blindfolded dining experience: explore the full potential of your taste buds
👩🍳 A secret and exclusive 3-course menu, including starter, main and dessert
🍽️ Enjoy the nuances of each ingredient as you heighten your senses of taste and smell
⭐ Paraíso Taquería in D.C. - offering a creative cuisine inspired by the streets & home kitchens of Mexico.
📅 Dates and times: select your dates/times in the ticket selector
📍 Location: Paraiso Taquería y Mezcalería
⏳ Duration: 90 minutes (doors open 30 mins prior and late entry is not permitted)
👤 Age requirement: 12+. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
❓ View the FAQs for this event here
❗ A $10 per person food gratuity and any drinks consumed are to be paid after the experience
📱 After purchase, indicate your dietary requirements using the form provided
👉 If you would like to book a private event, please click here
🟢 Green (Vegan)
Starter: Mediterranean flavors from the orchard float atop a light, fluffy base
Main: A traditional Mediterranean dish, reimagined with a crimson vegan twist
Dessert: Soft, creamy layers harmonize with strong, bitter flavors. It's truly one of a kind.
🔵 Blue (Seafood)
Starter: A citrius, smokey flavorful dish to contrast with the main dish. Inspired by Spanish flavors.
Main: This catch washes up onto your plate, inspired by a unique Southern blend, it combines a sweet and sour tang to provide an interesting twist.
Dessert: An Italian-inspired sweet special. Delicate layers come together to create a subtle texture contrast.
🔴 Red (Meat)
Starter: Taste this warm and tasty broth, with a spicy Mexican-inspired kick to bring you up to temperature
Main: This surprising Filipino inspired dish and cut carries a very fitting name, but we won't say more... It's a secret!
Dessert: Creamy, sweet, and perfectly seasonal European inspired treat.
Ever wondered what it is like to eat in the dark? Eminent psychologists have been advocating dining in the dark as the ultimate taste experience for many years. Studies show that 80 percent of people eat with their eyes; with that sense eliminated, the theory is that the other senses—namely taste and smell—take over to elevate your meal to a whole new level. After donning your blindfold in the darkened, candlelit room, you'll soon realise that focusing on taste and smell alone can be a truly enlightening experience—provided you're not afraid of the dark!
- The atmosphere was amazing, the Food was DELICIOUS and overall great date night activity!
- This was awesome! Different but awesome. The food was delicious, the host fun and very engaging. The restaurant food delicious. This is definitely a must do.....
- Staff was extremely friendly and fun to interact with!
- Great event, my wife and I enjoyed the experience. Please have safety forms on site for future events.
- A unique and sexy experience.👍🏽
- The experience was marvelous, the host was outstanding as was the food and the service. The venue itself was quite loud which someone diminished the overall ambience.
- Great experience
- Excellent experience
- Super fun. The blindfolds made me focus more on my partner and the food. We got the same dish so it was fun to compare what we tasted. Staff was super attentive. We were at the Paraiso location
Paraiso - Mexican Restaurant Taqueria & Mezcaleria
1101 Pennsylvania Ave. SE, Washington, DC, United States, 20003-2277
Don't miss out!
Select date and session