⭐ Discover the Wizarding World and celebrate Harry’s adventures in this new hands-on experience, filled with magical moments and active play for witches and wizards of all ages!
Harry Potter™: Magic at Play is a unique, hands-on experience that will engage imaginations of all ages to bring out the young witch or wizard in all of us. Explore, climb, and play your way through three floors of fun packed with playful celebrations of your favorite places and moments!
Tickets for Harry Potter™: Magic at Play in Chicago
🎫 General Admission - Full access to the Experience at your selected date and time block
- Adult (ages 10+)
- Child (ages 3-9)
🎫 Flexible Entry Ticket - includes full access to the experience at any time on your selected date
- This option is available in the calendar to the right in the first time slot
- Final entry time is one hour before closing
🎫 Premium Ticket - includes full access to the experience plus:
- Skip-the-line privileges for entry to the experience
- 1 exclusive Harry Potter™: Magic at Play tote bag
- 1 free coat/item check
✉️ Embark on a magical journey to Hogwarts™
🧙 Learn about your house and celebrate house pride
🤩 Discover your inner witch or wizard in classes like Potions, Charms, and Divination
🧹 Test your Quidditch™ skills and find your perfect position with all-new training games
🕷️ Seek out the many wonders that hide in the Forbidden Forest
✨ And so many more magical surprises!
🍻 Plus, enjoy an iconic Butterbeer™ and shop for exclusive merchandise
📅 Date: opening November 11, 2022
🕒 Opening hours:
- Sundays: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Mondays: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Open select Tuesdays & Wednesdays
- Thursdays: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Fridays: 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturdays: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Hours vary around holidays and in-demand times. Please check our purchase page for the most up-to-date hours
⏳ Duration: the journey will take approximately 1 hour. Please arrive at any time within your allotted 30-minute window
📍 Location: Water Tower Place, 835 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
👤 Age requirement: all ages are welcome, filled with fun for the whole family! Children 2 years of age and under enter free of charge when accompanied by a parent or guardian
♿ Accessibility: the experience is ADA compliant and fully accessible for guests with many different abilities and neurodiversities. For more information, please send an email here
❓ Please consult the FAQs of this experience here
✔️ Safety measures will be in place throughout the experience
Harry Potter™: Magic at Play is a one-of-a-kind experience that brings the Wizarding World to life through hands-on magical moments and active play for witches and wizards of all ages. Explore three floors of fun inspired by Harry’s own adventures in discovering the Wizarding World, packed with playful celebrations of your favorite places and moments. Journey from Privet Drive to Platform 9 ¾™, discover and represent your Hogwarts™ house, make your own magic in Hogwarts™ classes, find your position on the Quidditch™ team, and so much more! Dust off your house robes and practice your swish and flick, because this journey will bring out the young witch or wizard in all of us. Get your tickets for Harry Potter™: Magic at Play in Chicago!
WIZARDING WORLD CHARACTERS, NAMES AND RELATED INDICIA ARE © & ™ WARNER BROS.
ENTERTAINMENT INC. WB SHIELD: © & ™ WBEI. PUBLISHING RIGHTS © JKR. (S22)
- I wish I took more time and more pictures! I loved being in the space and imagining that I was in Harry Potter. It was a great space as an adult but even more so for children!
- So much fun! A lot of interactive things and plenty of photo opportunities. Before we knew it 2 hours had passed!
- Great. Need hot and cold butterbeer and place to sit and drink it. Sell the cool stuff like timeturner there, instead of sending me online. Thx for excellent crowd control
- Thank you for not overselling each time slot. It was wonderful to enjoy the exhibits without being too crowded.
- Magic at play had the best parts of the London studio tour brought to Chicago. It's not just for children, it's for the kid inside of everyone. Leave your stress at the door and turn on your imagination to step onto the Quidditch pitch riding your own broom and throwing your own Quaffle. You'll get as much fun as you put into it. Imagine the escalators are the moving staircases in Hogwarts; have a conversation with the portraits on the wall; cast your charms on the creatures in the forbidden forest; race your family and friends through the hedge maze. I also appreciated the handicap accessible photo opportunities like the boat going to Hogwarts.
- Loved it, some members were friendly and some not so much. Example when taking quidditch photos the lady over there didn't offer any help on pretending like a snitch is coming so us to catch but she did with alot of others. Overall would recommend and would love to go again!
- Cool experience! Neat how you walk around at your own pace!!
- Fun experience and photo ops!
- It felt magical at first but then seemed more kiddish. Lots of focus for pictures. Nice for kids under the age of 8.
- Great experience. Gift shop a bit disappointing. Really for those that appreciates the art and design of Harry Potter. For kids
- Wife loved it! Hugh Potter Junkie!
- Add additional staff to coat check and photo check out, otherwise it was a really awesome experience for my child!
- I really enjoyed the experience as a whole, it was truly magical. I bought standard tickets and do not regret it one bit. My favorite part was going through the classroom floor, potions and charms were absolutely fabulous and the quidditch pitch was very engaging. The employees were wonderful and always willing to led a hand with photos, they were very engaging and had good energy. Overall would definitely recommend.
- Such a great experience! All of the staff members were fun, inviting, and helpful. My family and I had a blast! 10/10 would recommend!!
- Great experience. Would be nice if pictures weren’t an additional charge. Otherwise fun games for the kids and so many elements from the books/movies were included.
Water Tower Place
835 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL, 60611
Select date and session
- Nov 2022
- Dec 2022
- Jan 2023