⭐ Candlelight concerts bring the magic of a live, multi-sensory musical experience to awe-inspiring locations never before used for this purpose in Melbourne. Buy your tickets now to discover the music of Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake and more ft. ballet at the National Theatre Melbourne under the gentle glow of candlelight.
Add-on: Snapshot by Candlelight
📸 Personalize your Candlelight experience and make it unforgettable! Snapshot by Candlelight is an enchanting photo service that makes the most of the beautiful glow of the candles. Strike a pose and our photographers will print an instant photo for you to take home as a lovely keepsake.
📍 Venue: National Theatre Melbourne
📅 Dates and times: select your dates/times directly in the ticket selector
⏳ Duration: 60 minutes (doors open 45 mins prior to the start time and late entry is not permitted)
👤 Age requirement: 8 years old or older. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
♿ Accessibility: this venue is wheelchair accessible
❓ View the FAQs for this event here
✔️ Safety measures will be in place throughout the experience
🪑 Seating is assigned on a first come first served basis in each zone
🕯️ If you would like to book a private concert, please click here
🎻 Check out all the Candlelight concerts in Melbourne
- Swan Lake
- Scene 🩰
- Czardas 🩰
- Danse Espagnole 🩰
- Dance of the Swans
- Sleeping Beauty
- Panorama 🩰
- Aurora's Variation 🩰
- The Nutcracker Suite
- Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy 🩰
- Dance of the Mirlitons 🩰
- Arabian Dance
- Waltz of the Flowers 🩰
- Chinese Dance 🩰
- Spanish Dance
🩰: Ballet dancer will intervene with these pieces
- String quartet - Invictus Quartet
- Ballet Dancers - Ruth Austin; Heidi Zolker
- Amazing. Loved the music, it was just so so brilliant. The dancing was incredible and the setting magical. I’d definitely recommend it and would love to go again. Just wasn’t long enough :)
- Fabulous quartet and music, also the dancers and the Nash itself - but it was the staff that made the night for me and my Mum also, I think. My father's 90, blind, has Alzheimer's and is in a wheelchair - the process was well explained and beautifully managed and facilitated. It makes a big difference - thank you.
- this was the second time I have seen this show and I enjoyed each of them very much. A feast for the senses.
- Absolutely wonderful transported into a beautiful place very talented musicians and dancers an absolute must to see
- Great night. Friendly staff and an inspiring performance.
- Had a fabulous evening. The ambiance with Candlelight and Performers was simply devine
- The Quartet was amazing! Such talented girls - absolutely made the night.
- Absolutely amazing performance! All the artists are super talented and so enjoyed it !
- The musicians were just so skilled and amazing and then coupled with 2 ballerinas who were beautiful and graceful was so magnificent. The setting inspired the romance and magic.
- An amazing experience and very friendly and helpful staff.
- A beautiful evening, visually and musically.
- Was beautiful, but really short. Would have liked an intermission and then another half an hour. Loved the ballet dancers as well.
- Great experience
The National Theatre Melbourne
The National Theatre, 20 Carlisle Street, St Kilda, 3182
Don't miss out!
Select date and session