Tickets for Ghost Stories: A Mysterious, Macabre Interactive Tour at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
🎫 Adult ticket for 1
🎃 In October, the tour will have added Halloween content, activities, and giveaways. Experience the spooky season!🎃
👹 Learn about the history of many of the museum's more unusual relics from all over the world including mourning pendants and mummified animals
👻 See objects in the Met under a different, spookier light
🏛️ Set in the iconic Metropolitan Museum
📅 Date: various dates available (select during purchase)
- Fridays: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturdays: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
📍 Location: The Metropolitan Museum of Art
👤 Age requirement: all ages welcome
🎁 The guide will have your tickets (no waiting in line to purchase tickets!), which are valid for all exhibitions in the museum after the tour ends
♿ Accessibility: the tour is wheelchair accessible
Ghost Stories from the spooky to the scary, the macabre to the mysterious, the ghostly to the ghoulish. This Ghost Stories experience will take you on an interactive tour of all things frightful in the Metropolitan Museum and give you the thrilling details of what it is that makes them so "scary". Participants will travel across cultures and across time to see Flying Dutchmen and funerary masks, still life art and sculpture. You will learn about Egyptian, American, and European works of art, to name a few, plus discuss stories about ghostly happenings in the museum itself. All the while, we’ll look at how different cultures depict the fearsome and the gruesome, in pursuit of what scares us…and why.
- Fantastic informative and fun tour of the Met with an excellent guide!
- The tour guide was phenomenal, very informative, interesting and spooky. Highly recommend!
- Awesome tour by Evan. Highly recommend!
- Great tour and an even better guide
- it was awesome...
- It was engaging. No regrets. I learned a lot
- Knowledgeable and gracious guide
- It was I interesting and fun thank you !
- Good your- more like a class- no ghosts in the met but interesting
- Great Family Experience.
- Loved it! Highly recommended!
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1000 5th Avenue, Manhattan, 10028
- 77th St - 6
Don't miss out!
Select date and session
- Sep 2023
- Oct 2023
- Nov 2023
- Dec 2023