⭐ Candlelight concerts bring the magic of a live, multi-sensory musical experience to awe-inspiring locations never before used for this purpose in Sydney. Buy your tickets now to discover the music of Joe Hisaishi at The Sydney Masonic Centre under the gentle glow of candlelight.
📍 Venue: Sydney Masonic Centre
📅 Dates and times: 24 June and 21 July at 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. (select during purchase)
⏳ Duration: 65 minutes (doors open 30 mins prior to the start time and late entry is not permitted)
👤 Age requirement: 8+. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
♿ Accessibility: this venue is wheelchair accessible
❓ View the FAQs for this event here
✔️ Safety measures will be in place throughout the experience
🪑 Seating is assigned on a first come first served basis in each zone
🕯️ If you would like to book a private concert, please click here
🎻 Check out all the Candlelight concerts in Sydney
- Nausicäa of the Valley of the Wind  - Main Theme
- Laputa  - Kimi wo nosete (Carrying You)
- Totoro  - My Neighbour Totoro
- Path of the Wind - Kiki’s Delivery Service 
- A Town By the Sea
- Departure - Whisper of the Heart 
- Country Road - Princess Mononoke 
- Mononoke Hime
- Ashitaka & San / The Legend of Ashitaka
- Lady Eboshi / Departure to the West - Spirited Away 
- One Summer’s Day (Japanese title translated “Name of Life” )
- Chihiro’s Waltz
- Itsumo Nando Demo (Always With Me)
- Howl’s Moving Castle  - Merry Go Round of Life / Promise of the World
- Ponyo  - Ponyo on a cliff by the sea
- From Up on Poppy Hill  - Sukiyaki
- The Wind Rises  - Hikoukigumo (Vapour Trail)
*Program subject to change
- Phoenix Collective String Quartet
- Great venue and great concert. The Phoenix Collective are a wonderful string quartet and their performance of the music of Joe Hisaishi was fantastic!
- Fantastic evening. The candlelights create such a lovely atmosphere and the Phoenix Collective were wonderful. Highly reccomend!
- I loved the experience! So beautiful! Definitely going again sometime. The staff were helpful and friendly and offered to take photos which was nice.
- Absolutely incredible night, such an intimate venue, really well organised, and The Phoenix Collective are wonderfully talented and entertaining.
- As wonderful the second time around as the first. Such a magical program and made more so by the beautiful candlelight and excellent event organisation. Love that the program is via QR code.
- Amazing concert!! Most beautiful violin concert I have been lately! Thank you so much!
- Spectacular display of talented musicians, playing songs of one of the best composers in the world in my absolute favourite movies! Unbeatable evening of entertainment and talent.
- Brilliant and vibrant string quartet performance. They nailed it with every studio ghibli performance. Bravo 10/10 for tonight.👏👏👏👏👏🥰
- Amazing concert. Phoenix Collective really hit the right notes, and Andre was so engaged with each piece, and the audience.
- Absolutely loved the concert ..this is the second performance we have been to and will certainly go to more ..The Masonic hall is perfect for a candlelight performance
- Lovely intimate venue, fantastic ambient lighting and of course excellent music - would highly recommend!!
- The venue was beautifully decorated, the violinists and cellists were fantastic! It’s a heartwarming experience.
- It was my first time attending anything like a classical music performance and it was amazing. I watched many of the Studio Ghibli films in my childhood, and so hearing the songs brought me back to those wonderful moments.
- The event was so well organised and the music was perfect. I loved the fact that drinks were available, and the venue was a lovely intimate setting for such gorgeous music. My favourite thing was the fact that the musicians appeared to be such genuine fans of the Ghibli movies which meant a lot to me as a Ghibli fan.
- The whole experience was fantastic, great location and brilliant musicians! A fantastic way to start the weekend.
Sydney Masonic Centre
66 Goulburn St, Sydney NSW, Australia, 2000
Don't miss out!
Select date and session