Tickets for The Painted Hall at the Old Royal Naval College in London
🎫 Adult (17+) general admission ticket for 1 including an explorer map, a multimedia guide, and guided tours
Children aged 16 and under go free and can collect a ticket on arrival. Children must be accompanied by a (paying) adult aged 18 or over. 1 Adult can bring up to 4 children.
⛪ Explore the breathtaking 17th century Painted Hall that took 19 years to complete (known as the UK's Sistine Chapel)
📽️ One of the most popular filming locations in the world where scenes have been shot from The Crown, Les Miserables, Thor: The Dark World, Cruella, Bridgerton, and more!
📜 Join award-winning tours throughout the day which tell the story of this magnificent riverside estate
👑 Glimpse the remains of Greenwich Palace, only unearthed in 2016, the place where Henry VIII and Elizabeth I were born
🎳 Try your hand at one of the last remaining Victorian Skittle Alleys (12 p.m. - 3 p.m.)
🕒 Hours of operation:
- Old Royal Naval College: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Last entry at 4:30 p.m.
- Grounds: 8 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- The venue will close earlier than usual on the following dates, between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m.: 3 June, 29 July, 5 August, September (2, 16, 23, 29), October (7 & 21), 18 November & 2 December
📍 Location: The Old Royal Naval College (arrive at Visitor Centre)
❓ Please note: a typical visit lasts 75–90 mins but guests are welcome to stay as long as they’d like
🎧 Multimedia guides are included and available in a range of languages including English, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese Mandarin, German and Japanese
♿ Accessibility: the venue is wheelchair accessible
The Old Royal Naval College Guided Tours
- The '500 Years of History' site tour runs every day at 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (hourly)
- Painted Hall talks run every 30 minutes from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Alternatively, audio guides are also available in 7 languages)
Discover this spectacular UNESCO World Heritage site in London and winner of Large Visitor Attraction of the Year at the VisitEngland Awards in 2020. The site's magnificent architecture and beautiful riverside setting reveal an extraordinary 500-year history, where great stories unfold, from kings and queens to heroic lives and creative geniuses, from Henry VIII, Queen Elizabeth I to Vice-Admiral Lord Nelson. Experience 'Britain's Sistine Chapel', Sir James Thornhill's breathtaking Baroque Painted Hall and try your hand at Victorian bowling at the Skittle Alley. Discover this hub of art and culture, which has featured in some of the best series and films of all time. Get your tickets now for The Painted Hall at the Old Royal Naval College in London!
- What an amazing experience! I went with a friend and we spent 2 1/2h in there. You get an audio guide explaining all the different details in the painting and one can lay down on a cot in the center of the room to fully enjoy the ceiling. Would absolutely go again!
- Absolutely amazing loved it art meets history 😍
- Fabulous day. Really useful guide. Truly amazing.
- Amazing exposition this place is beautiful. Will definitely come back
- Fantastic in the heart of London lay down and enjoy
- Very interesting place, i like that there was the option for guided tour or audio tour
- I thoroughly enjoyed, a day we'll spend. With Fever it was easy to book and convenient. I would definitely surf around all other events and activities listed in the Fever app.
- Will definitely be going back with more people
- Gorgeous building inside and out! I couldn’t believe that I hadn’t been to see it before. Gaia was lovely too! Incredible to think that we live on such a beautiful orb and take it for granted. Highly recommend making the trip to the Painted Hall if you haven’t already!!
- The floating image of Giai in the painted hall was spectacular
- Was amazing to walk around and see what it's all about
- Great experience; must see exhibition.
- Amazing place and guide !
- A lovely place to visit!
- I ended up spending the whole day in Greenwich - Painted Hall, park & the Maritime Museum. Glorious. Thank you, I wouldn't have done this if I hadn't bought the ticket to the Painted Hall.
How to get there?
Scottish Rite Temple
619 Carondelet St 621, New Orleans, LA, 70130
Don't miss out!
Select date and session
- Jun 2023
- Jul 2023
- Aug 2023
- Sept 2023
- Oct 2023
- Nov 2023
- Dec 2023