🎫 Ticket for 1 person to Secrets From Below, an underground tour of NYC. *Child tickets can only be purchased in conjunction with Adult tickets. Reservations with only Child tickets will not be accepted
🚂 Explore the birthplace of the NYC subway system
🤔 Learn about a mythical transit system and see a partially-abandoned station
😮 Ride through abandoned subway stations using the 6 train
📅 Dates and times: Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays
- Wednesdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Saturdays: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
📍 Meeting point: in front of 8 Park Pl (in front of the Five and Dime coffee shop), New York, NY 10007
❓ Please note: this tour will not enter the abandoned City Hall Station due to safety reasons. All the stops on this tour are in stations which are publicly accessible
Explore the world's largest subway system, the beating heart of the city that never sleeps. On this guided walking tour, you will discover the fascinating beginnings of the New York City subway, and explore spaces even the most seasoned commuter might not know about. Learn about the very first subway—which was built illegally under the cover of night—and hear many other surprising stories. Using the 6 train as your own ten-car time machine, you will also ride through and see abandoned stations that riders unknowingly pass by everyday, including the famed City Hall Station. The subway tour will end in one of the latest transportation hubs of lower Manhattan, highlighting just how far the subway system has come since its beginnings.
- Our tour guide, Gaby was amazing. She was knowledgeable, friendly, and took her time. We had a great experience that led me to have a great appreciation for NYC subway systems. I can’t wait to go on more tours with this group
- AJ was fantastic! Very knowledgeable and entertaining
- Gabby was great!
- Best guide ever! It was a really fun tour and am telling all my friends to check it out!
- The tour guide was really nice and informative. He was very patient went I had a friend who was running late.
- Lots of great info from a great tour guide, but was hoping we actually see more of this secret station. Was more of a drive by really…
- Our tour guide - start with an M. was amazing. She was very engaging, informative, and funny! 10/10 would recommend!
- Guide Mandy Edgecombe was both super knowledgeable and super-interesting. She was riveting explaining the Tammany Hall & Boss Tweed machine as it related to the subway and Beach’s pneumatic tube. Excellent way and person to spend a Saturday with.
- Informative tour with engaging guide.
- Very engaging tour and a great time, thank you
- AJ was such a remarkable tour guide. For two amateur subway buffs we learned a lot and had so much fun! His positive attitude and spirited conversation flowed and he was very thoughtful of the group as a whole. Would love to do another tour with him soon!
- Wonderful guide. Very informative and made the history of the subway system come alive.
- Very informative and just overall a fun tour!!
- The guide was very knowledgeable and it was interesting to find out about some of the subway history.
- It was a magical, breathtaking moment when we saw an abandoned station in passing. Wonderful tour. Well timed and researched.
St Francis Hall
1340 Quincy St NE, Washington, 20017
Select date and session