🎫 Adult (13+)
🎫 Child (4-12)
*Child tickets can only be purchased in conjunction with Adult tickets. Reservations with only Child tickets will not be accepted
🚂 Explore the birthplace of the NYC subway system
🤔 Learn about a mythical transit system and see a partially-abandoned station
😮 Ride through abandoned subway stations using the 6 train
📅 Dates: from Monday to Saturday
- Mondays - Fridays: at 10 a.m.
- Saturdays: at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
📍 Meeting point: the tour meets outside of 200 Broadway, New York, NY 10038 on the southeast corner of Broadway and Fulton Street right outside of the entrance to the Fulton Center
⏳ Duration: 2 hours
👤 Age requirement: all ages are welcome. Children cannot attend without being in the company of an adult with a purchased adult ticket
❓ Please note: this tour will not enter the abandoned City Hall Station due to safety reasons. All the stops on this tour are in stations that are publicly accessible.
👉 Each guest will need one MetroCard swipe or OMNY tap to enter the subway
Explore the world's largest subway system, the beating heart of the city that never sleeps. On this guided walking tour, you will discover the fascinating beginnings of the New York City subway, and explore spaces even the most seasoned commuter might not know about. Learn about the very first subway—which was built illegally under the cover of night—and hear many other surprising stories. Using the 6 train as your own ten-car time machine, you will also ride through and see abandoned stations that riders unknowingly pass by everyday, including the famed City Hall Station. The subway tour will end in one of the latest transportation hubs of lower Manhattan, highlighting just how far the subway system has come since its beginnings.
- Jisela B.May 2022Our tour guide, Gaby was amazing. She was knowledgeable, friendly, and took her time. We had a great experience that led me to have a great appreciation for NYC subway systems. I can’t wait to go on more tours with this group
- Sarah L.Jun 2022AJ was fantastic! Very knowledgeable and entertaining
- Sanina C.Mar 2021Gabby was great!
- Ann S.Apr 2022Best guide ever! It was a really fun tour and am telling all my friends to check it out!
- Michelle S.Apr 2022The tour guide was really nice and informative. He was very patient went I had a friend who was running late.
- Melanie M.Mar 2022Lots of great info from a great tour guide, but was hoping we actually see more of this secret station. Was more of a drive by really…
- Julie M.Feb 2022Our tour guide - start with an M. was amazing. She was very engaging, informative, and funny! 10/10 would recommend!
- Otis B.Dec 2021Guide Mandy Edgecombe was both super knowledgeable and super-interesting. She was riveting explaining the Tammany Hall & Boss Tweed machine as it related to the subway and Beach’s pneumatic tube. Excellent way and person to spend a Saturday with.
- Michele F.Dec 2021Informative tour with engaging guide.
- Jackie M.Dec 2021Very engaging tour and a great time, thank you
- Sam L.Dec 2021AJ was such a remarkable tour guide. For two amateur subway buffs we learned a lot and had so much fun! His positive attitude and spirited conversation flowed and he was very thoughtful of the group as a whole. Would love to do another tour with him soon!
- Jerry R.Nov 2021Wonderful guide. Very informative and made the history of the subway system come alive.
- Kevin R.Nov 2021Very informative and just overall a fun tour!!
- Erika L.Feb 2020The guide was very knowledgeable and it was interesting to find out about some of the subway history.
- Ann V.Apr 2021It was a magical, breathtaking moment when we saw an abandoned station in passing. Wonderful tour. Well timed and researched.
The Fulton Center
200 Broadway, New York, NY, 10038-2542
- Fulton St - G
Don't miss out!
Check available dates and tickets
Select date and session
No booking fees
- Mar 2024
- Apr 2024
- May 2024
- Jun 2024
- Jul 2024
- Aug 2024
- Sep 2024
- Oct 2024
- Nov 2024
- Dec 2024