⭐ Step into the mysterious realm of La Lucha! A world premiere experience inspired by Lucha Libre, where Mexican wrestlers use high-flying maneuvers to captivate you. Created by award-winning artist David Israel Reynoso of Optika Moderna, La Lucha is a three-dimensional world of discovery for the adventurous. Don’t miss out!
🚨 'La Lucha' is leaving San Diego on June 4. Get your tickets now before it’s too late! 🚨
Tickets for La Lucha in San Diego
🎫 Standard Admission - includes entry to the experience
🎫 VIP Admission - includes entry to the experience plus a premium drink and souvenir at the Cantina. Must be 21+
🤼 Get ready to enjoy the world-premiere immersive experience, La Lucha—presented by La Jolla Playhouse and the Museum of Contemporary Art
✨ Move through mysterious portals, discover forbidden loves, backstage secrets and ringside thrills
🤩 Brought to you by award-winning artist David Israel Reynoso of Optika Moderna, creator of several sold-out hits
🏛️ Visit the beautiful Museum of Contemporary Art in downtown San Diego
📅 Date: from April 2023
🕒 Opening hours:
- Thursdays and Fridays: 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturdays: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Sundays: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m.
⏳ Duration: 1 hour, with the opportunity to enjoy drinks and snacks at the Cantina afterwards
📍 Location: Museum of Contemporary Art, Downtown San Diego
👤 Age requirement: 15+ (must be 21+ to consume alcohol)
♿ Accessibility: the venue is accessible for wheelchair users
🅿️ Parking: purchase discounted $12 parking tickets near MCASD Downtown here. You can also use metered street parking. The purchase max for this option is two hours. Parking at meters is free after 6:00 p.m. and on Sundays. Give yourself extra time for this option as spaces are limited
❓ Please consult the FAQs of this experience here
❗ Please note: La Lucha is a multi-sensory immersive experience that will have you moving through a mysterious story and space. To partake in the experience, guests are fitted with a headset and headphones that partially obscures their frame of vision and perspective at times, and at some points, they will be guided in the dark by a performer.
Step into the captivating realm of La Lucha, a world-premiere immersive experience, inspired by the high-flying maneuvers of Mexican Lucha Libre wrestling. Created by award-winning artist David Israel Reynoso of Optika Moderna, you'll be guided by mysterious opticians to a realm of forbidden loves, dangerous secrets and ringside thrills. Join the adventure and get your tickets for La Lucha in San Diego!
“Immersive ‘La Lucha’ finds heartbreak and mystery in the world of lucha libre wrestling.” Los Angeles Times
“A story about love, identity, and loss… La Lucha is one of those fever dream immersive shows…. Fantastic.” No Proscenium.
- Brit S.May 2023So different, so cool! Loved how they separated us and the whole group piece together their parts of the story to get the full one!
- Nicola B.May 2023Absolutely incredible immersive experience. Highly recommend for a date night! The actors were incredible.
- Carole C.May 2023Fantastic! A must see/experience.
- Emmi B.Apr 2023Amazing! I’m definitely coming back with friends so they can see it too!
- Bxn9cv7cgcApr 2023Amazing! Exceeded expectations. Highly recommend
- Alison B.May 2023Mysterious, magical, creative, and brilliant!
- Johamy M.May 2023This experience activated all of my senses!!
- Alexandra S.May 2023Mind blowing and incredibly enjoyable!
- Rachel C.Apr 2023What an amazing experience. The artists were incredible! I’m glad I didn’t know much about it and went in blind. We are actually talking about going again!!!
- Nathaniel M.Apr 2023It was a very interesting experience, very interactive with the actors as they try to guide the group to tell the story. Enjoyed it very much.
- Douglas F.Apr 2023Absolutely fabulous! We loved the immersive experience.
- Jesus S.Apr 2023It was amazing and love that it was not to highly focused on the lavish lifestyle of “fame”
- Celia S.May 2023Incredible. Creative. Jarring.
- Jeff P.May 2023Not at all what I thought but such a good performance art piece definitely go very immersive. Very fun!
- Valerie B.May 2023Unique and entertaining. Already told all my friends to attend
Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego - Downtown
1100 Kettner Boulevard, San Diego, 92101-3306