⭐ Candlelight concerts bring the magic of a live, multi-sensory musical experience to awe-inspiring locations never before used for this purpose in Edinburgh. Buy your tickets now to discover the music of Joe Hisaishi under the gentle glow of candlelight at the eccentric Pianodrome, where everything including the seats is crafted from old pianos!
📍 Venue: Pianodrome at Edinburgh's Old Royal High on Calton Hill
📅 Dates and times: Wednesday 20 July at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. (select during purchase)
⏳ Duration: 60 minutes (doors open 30 mins prior to the start time and late entry is not permitted)
👤 Age requirement: 8+. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
♿ Accessibility: this venue is wheelchair accessible
❓ View the FAQs for this event here
✔️ Safety measures will be in place throughout the experience
🪑 Seating is assigned on a first come first served basis
- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind - Opening Theme
- Laputa: Castle in the Sky - Kimi wo Nosete - Carrying You
- My Neighbour Totoro - Kaze no Toori Michi - Path of the Wind
- My Neighbour Totoro - Tonari no Totoro - Main Theme
- Kiki's Delivery Service - Umi no Mieru Machi - A Town with an Ocean View
- Kiki's Delivery Service - Tabidachi - Journey
- Princess Mononoke - Main Theme
- Spirited Away - Inochi no Namae - Name of Life
- Spirited Away - Chihiro's Waltz
- Ponyo - Gake no Ue no Ponyo - Ponyo on the Cliff
- Kikujiro - Summer
- Howl's Moving Castle - Merry Go Round of Life
- String quartet - The Quartet
💬 Carla T. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐: "Very nice. We really enjoyed getting out, going to a safe environment and being entertained by extremely talented musical artists."
💬 Katie D. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐: "Just incredible... Beautiful music and so nice to hear it live! Can't wait to attend another event."
💬 Daniel V. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐: "Absolutely amazing! A stellar performance by the musicians and a great array of song pieces played. Highly recommend."