⭐ Go on an immersive adventure at Paddington™ Marmalade Messiness this summer! Help Mrs Bird find Paddington in the palace grounds of the beautiful Dalkeith Country Park. With storytelling, theatre, puppetry, and more, it's the perfect summer day out for the whole family!
🚨 Get 50% off individual peak tickets for a limited time only, before Friday 19 August, in the Back To School Flash Sale! 🚨
🎫 Standard Admission - includes entry to the experience and post-show activity
- Individual (Adults & children 3 years and above)
- Under 2 years (ages 7 months to 2 years. Babies up to 6 months go free of charge if carried)
- Universal Credit, NHS, Senior & Access - valid ID required
- Group Bundle (min. 10 people)
🟡 Weekends average price £19 - No booking fee
🟢 Weekdays average price £16 - No booking fee
Rates are subject to demand and change dynamically - early bookings have better rates
🌳 Go on an immersive adventure this summer in the beautiful Dalkeith Country Park
🐻 Help Mrs Bird find Paddington after he goes missing in the palace grounds
📖 Perfect for fans of the most beloved bear in children's literature and for families who love being in nature and exploring the great outdoors
🛍️ Visit the Paddington shop and enjoy a host of free creative activities suitable for all ages
📅 Date: until 4 September 2022
🕒 Opening hours (time slots available every 10 minutes):
- Tuesdays-Sundays: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. (Last entry)
⏳ Duration: 50 minutes
📍 Location: Dalkeith Country Park, Edinburgh
👤 Age requirement: all ages are welcome. Free entry for infants 6 months and under who are carried around the experience. All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
♿ Accessibility: this is an outdoor adventure across grass, gravel, up and down hills and stairs within Dalkeith Palace. Every effort is made to make it as accessible as possible though there are limitations in some places due to the age of the buildings. For more information on accessibility at Dalkeith Country Park, please click here. For a free carer ticket, please contact us here
❓ Please consult the FAQs of this experience here
✔️ Safety measures will be in place throughout the experience
This summer, join Paddington for a unique adventure at Dalkeith Country Park! Mrs Bird has brought Paddington and his friend Pigeonton to Dalkeith Palace to show them where the best marmalade is made. Her old friend from school is the palace cook and has promised to give Mrs Bird a tour of the palace kitchens. However, things have gone awry. Mrs Bird can't seem to find Paddington in the palace grounds and desperately needs your help to find him! Suitable for all ages, Marmalade Messiness is the perfect outdoor adventure for families to immerse themselves in storytelling, theatre, puppetry, and more!
- The whole event was fabulous! Mrs Bird was amazing-so funny! My children and us! were completely captivated by the whole thing 🐻❤️
- Lovely experience! My boy loved it! The staff so adorable! All the experience was amazing! Thank you! Very magical ❤️❤️❤️❤️
- My two children 5 and 2 absolutely loved. Great morning with a well thought out experience
- Great experience. The actors were fab and made sure all the kids were engaged throughout the experience. I would have liked to spend more time in the kitchen, preparing some marmalade recipes but conscious of the time limit.
- What a great time we all had. Everyone was so professional and friendly to the kids. Worth every penny!!
- This was a wonderful experience for my children, they were totally hooked from the minute they met Mrs Bird. I have already recommended this to other parents. My daughter who is learning disabled with autism was completely into the whole experience and loved making the marmalade in the kitchen. The acting was first class as was the puppetry and Paddington's voice was just like listening to it onscreen. well done to everyone involved in this production.
- Amazing time had by all, the acting was brilliant and made it so engaging and enjoyable for the children and adults.
- Excellent morning spent at the Paddington experience. My almost 3 year old absolutely loved it!
- Actors were brilliant with the kids and really got it right for a variety of ages.
- Amazing experience for both my 18month old and my 5 year old. Staff were incredible and even I started to believe it all!! Great memories made, worth every penny! Staff were even more incredible considering the extreme heat on the day! Thank you 😊
How to get there?
Dalkeith Country Park
Via King's Gate, Dalkeith, EH22 1ST