⭐ Candlelight concerts bring the magic of a live, multi-sensory musical experience to awe-inspiring locations like never seen before in San Diego. Get your tickets now to discover the greatest music from Sci-Fi and Fantasy ft. John Williams and Hans Zimmer at The Greek Amphitheater at PLNU under the gentle glow of candlelight.
📍 Venue: The Greek Amphitheater at PLNU
📅 Dates and times: June 16 and July 15 at 8 p.m.
⏳ Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes (doors open 1 hour and 15 mins prior to the start time and late entry is not permitted)
👤 Age requirement: 18 years old or older
♿ Accessibility: this venue is ADA compliant
❓ View the FAQs for this event here
🪑 Seating is assigned on a first come first served basis in each zone
🕯️ If you would like to book a private concert, please click here
🎻 Check out all the Candlelight concerts in San Diego
- Also Sprach Zarathustra from 2001: A Space Odyssey - Richard Strauss
- Themes from Star Trek - Alexander Courage and Michael Giacchino
- Cornfield Chase from Interstellar - Hans Zimmer
- Themes from Dune - Hans Zimmer
- Theme from Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Brad Fiedel
- Theme from Doctor Who - Ron Grainer
- Theme from Back to the Future - Alan Silvestri
- The Shape of Water from The Shape of Water - Alexandre Desplat
- Introduction (Titles) and Ice Dance from Edward Scissorhands - Danny Elfman
- Becoming One of the People from Avatar - James Horner
- Theme from Stranger Things - S U R V I V E
- Lullaby from Pan’s Labyrinth - Javier Navarrete
- Pure Imagination from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley
- Theme from The Incredibles - Michael Giacchino
- Define Dancing from Wall-E - Thomas Newman
- Time from Inception - Hans Zimmer
- Theme from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Jon Brion
- Main Titles/Trinity Infinity from The Matrix - Don Davis
- Theme from Game of Thrones - Ramin Djawadi
- This is Berk from How to Train Your Dragon - John Powell
- Finale from Dragonheart - Randy Edelman
- Suite from Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Howard Shore
- Themes from Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - Hans Zimmer, Geoffrey Zanelli, and Klaus Badelt
- String Quartet - Range Ensemble
- Great experience. The music and the venue was beautiful. I would recommend this experience to anyone looking for a new date night idea. My only criticism is that the speakers could have been louder as the stage was decently far from the audience.
- beautiful venue. great job with the candle decorations. wonderful performance from the musicians. would have liked for the volume to have been a bit higher.
- Fantastic! Range Ensemble was great, and the set list was awesome! They played lots of our favorites; Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Westworld, Willy Wonka, and more!
- This was one of the most magical experiences ever!!! We got to listen to all the sci fi movie and tv scores and it was incredible! Listening to the music while watching the candles glow is hypnotizing!
- Musicians amazing. Good pace. Loved the order they picked for the pieces they were playing. Wish it was louder somehow
- It was a lovely experience! The music was great and so was the atmosphere :) We truly enjoyed it!!:)
- Talented musicians performed a memorable Sci-Fi mix I thoroughly enjoyed.
- Very beautiful venue. A few technical hiccups but was with the slight delay and the musicians are all so talented
- The setting was magical though the audience was too far from the performers. And, for this kind of music, it should have been amplified more. Still very enjoyable!
- I loved the beautiful setting for this candlelight concert.
- We loved it! They’re so talented!
- wonderful venue and experience
- The performance and ambiance was amazing!
- Great selection of music
- Amazing and beautiful music!
The Greek Amphitheater at PLNU
3900 Lomaland Drive San Diego, 92106
Don't miss out!
Select date and session
Get a full refund when you cancel up to 48 hours before the start time. No questions asked!