⭐ Candlelight concerts bring the magic of a live, multi-sensory musical experience to awe-inspiring locations never before used for this purpose in Auckland. Buy your tickets now to discover the music of Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake and more ft. ballet at SkyCity Theatre under the gentle glow of candlelight.
📍 Venue: SkyCity Theatre
📅 Dates and times: 11 August and 9 September at 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. (select during purchase)
⏳ Duration: 65 minutes (doors open 30 mins prior to the start time and late entry is not permitted)
👤 Age requirement: 8 years old or older. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
♿ Accessibility: there are two wheelchair positions in the front row, either side of the auditorium. As space is limited please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance or further information
❓ View the FAQs for this event here
✔️ Safety measures will be in place throughout the experience
🪑 Seating is assigned on a first come first served basis in each zone
🕯️ If you would like to book a private concert, please click here
- Swan Lake Waltz
- Swan Lake Theme 🩰
- Overture Miniature from the Nutcracker
- Sleeping Beauty Waltz 🩰
- Overture to Romeo & Juliet 🩰
- Pas De Deux
- Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy 🩰
- Arabian Dance 🩰
- March from the Nutcracker 🩰
- Trepak from the Nutcracker
- Dance of the Mirlitons 🩰
- Pizzicato Polka by Johann & Josef Strauss 🩰
- Waltz of the Flowers 🩰
- String quartet - Kulios String Quartet
- Dancers: Ariah Mandeno, Amelia Chandulal-Mackay, Samara Greig & Sophie-Kate Groen (choreographed by Lesley Bandy)
- I really enjoyed the selection of music played, the choreography and costumes of the ballet dances, as well as the anecdotal stories regarding the composers and pieces of music from Joe Harrop. Joe helped the evening flow beautifully and paced it perfectly. The whole evening was a delight!
- Excellent performance from both the ballet dancers and the Kulios quartet!
- Just so beautiful. The music was excellent and the dancers were so graceful. Absolutely loving these Candlelight Concerts.
- it was a good night. great music, atmosphere and narrative from the string quartet. I highly recommend this.
- Gorgeous night! Loved the commentary. Music and dancers were beautiful
- Such an amazing experience. Loved the venue, the candles, the ballerinas. Wish it lasted more!
- I have highly recommended this type of performance. I loved how the pieces were introduced and credit was given to the dancers and musicians. The venue was perfect.
- Well organised, beautiful setting and lived the interaction from the string quartet. We went fir the ballerinas and they were delightful!
- A great evening! Wonderful music, ballet and atmosphere!
- An unpretentious taste of classical music and ballet. I liked the little explanations between pieces. Vibe was great.
- It was absolutely beautiful. I would highly recommend this event.
- Enchanting evening, both ballet and music1
- Absolutely loved it! Fantastic night and such a treat to have ballet dancers as well 😊
- It was an amazing experience. Thank you for one of the best nights I have had in over 2 years!
- Beautiful. Music was outstanding
Select date and session