Tickets for Ghost Stories: A Mysterious, Macabre Interactive Tour at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
🎫 Adult ticket for 1
👹 Learn about the history of many of the museum's more unusual relics from all over the world including mourning pendants and mummified animals
👻 See objects in the Met under a different, spookier light
🏛️ Set in the iconic Metropolitan Museum
📅 Date: various dates available (select during purchase)
- Fridays: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturdays: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
📍 Location: The Metropolitan Museum of Art
👤 Age requirement: all ages welcome
🎁 The guide will have your tickets (no waiting in line to purchase tickets!), which are valid for all exhibitions in the museum after the tour ends
♿ Accessibility: the tour is wheelchair accessible
Ghost Stories from the spooky to the scary, the macabre to the mysterious, the ghostly to the ghoulish. This Ghost Stories experience will take you on an interactive tour of all things frightful in the Metropolitan Museum and give you the thrilling details of what it is that makes them so "scary". Participants will travel across cultures and across time to see Flying Dutchmen and funerary masks, still life art and sculpture. You will learn about Egyptian, American, and European works of art, to name a few, plus discuss stories about ghostly happenings in the museum itself. All the while, we’ll look at how different cultures depict the fearsome and the gruesome, in pursuit of what scares us…and why. Get your tickets now!
- Judi G.Nov 2022Fantastic informative and fun tour of the Met with an excellent guide!
- Michelle T.Oct 2022The tour guide was phenomenal, very informative, interesting and spooky. Highly recommend!
- Danny F.Oct 2022Awesome tour by Evan. Highly recommend!
- Cassell B.Jan 2023Great tour and an even better guide
- Lynn B.Aug 2022it was awesome...
- Stive J.Feb 2023It was engaging. No regrets. I learned a lot
- Luis D.Feb 2023Knowledgeable and gracious guide
- Judi L.Mar 2023It was I interesting and fun thank you !
- Jacqueline M.Jul 2022Good your- more like a class- no ghosts in the met but interesting
- Isabel Cristina R.Apr 2023Great Family Experience.
- John D.Mar 2023Loved it! Highly recommended!
- Caitlin W.Nov 2023Had a fun time. Great tour guide
- DvwzfwnngyOct 2023Great tour
- Lisa M.Oct 2023Very enjoyable experience for me and my family.
- Mary D.May 2023Such a great storyteller! Learned a lot!
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1000 5th Ave, New York, USA, 10028
- 77th St - 6
Don't miss out!
Check available dates and tickets
Select date and session
No booking fees
- Feb 2024
- Mar 2024
- Apr 2024
- May 2024