⭐ Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel: The Exhibition allows guests to admire Michelangelo's masterpieces up close like never before. After making its way through Shanghai, Chicago, Phoenix, Berlin, Vienna, and many other cities around the world, this experience is coming to Indianapolis at last!
🚨 This is the last chance to buy your tickets! The exhibition ends on August 26 and tickets are selling fast! 🚨
🎫 Standard Admission - includes entry to the experience and an audio guide app (smartphone required to download app, and guests are recommended to bring their own headphones)
- Adult (ages 13+)
- Child (ages 4–12)
- Senior (ages 65+), Student, or Military - valid ID required
🎫 Souvenir Package - includes entry to the experience, souvenir guide, postcard, and an audio guide app (additional $14 value; smartphone required to download app, and guests are recommended to bring their own headphones)
- VIP Adult (ages 13+)
- VIP Senior (ages 65+), Student, or Military - valid ID required
🎨 Gain an up-close understanding of the artistic mastery and inspiration behind Michelangelo's brilliant works of art in the Sistine Chapel
👨🎨 Surround yourself in the artist's masterpieces under a life-size perspective
📽️ A one-of-a-kind experience! Brought to you by the organizers of the finest in themed exhibitions such as Star Trek, King Tut, Titanic, Frida Kahlo, Michael Jackson and more
✨ True to size, hands-free, and perfect for our socially-distant yet innovative world
📅 Date: until August 26, 2022
🕒 Opening hours (time slots available every half hour): Tuesdays – Sundays: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (last entry)
⏳ Duration: the visit will take approx. 90 minutes
📍 Location: 1 W Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204. Carson's (entrance through City Securities)
👤 Age requirement: all age are welcome
♿ Accessibility: the exhibition is wheelchair accessible
❓ Please consult the FAQs of this experience here
✔️ Safety measures will be in place throughout the experience
Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel: The Exhibition showcases the awe and wonder of arguably one of mankind’s greatest artistic achievements, while allowing its visitors to experience this art from an up-close, life-size, and never-before-seen perspective. With special expertise and care, the ceiling paintings from the Sistine Chapel have been reproduced in a truly unique way using licensed high definition photos. Brought to life using a special printing technique that emulates the look and feel of the original paintings, visitors are given a chance to engage with the artwork in ways that were never before possible: seeing every detail, every brushstroke, and every color of the artist’s 34 frescoes. Each image is accompanied by informative signage, and audio guides are available to rent for an even more in-depth experience. This globally successful exhibition is an innovative and unique interpretation of Michelangelo’s timeless masterpiece. Whether visitors have already been to the Sistine Chapel or not, everyone can admire the artwork up close, at their own pace, and with the ability to capture photographic memories of this iconic work.
- We all agreed that seeing the paintings close up (rather than 60 ft. overhead), along with some explanation, made for a much richer experience. Lighting was excellent and other patrons were very courteous. A lovely way to spend an hour or two.
- Decades ago graduated with an art degree. decades before that was transfixed by the Sistine Chapel's beauty. The scale of the pictures was impressive. I was disappointed that many if not all of the displays cut off the edges of the depictions.
- I thought there would have been more photos but I did appreciate what was there.
- I truly appreciate the thought that obviously went into planning this exhibit. The lay out, the spacing, and lighting were excellent!
- The venue need more room to display the act.
- The entrance to the exhibit is not clearly marked. Thank you to the young lady who came out to ask me if I was looking for the Michelangelo Exhibit.
- It was wonderful!
- Very informative... if you have ever been to the actual Chapel thus experience give you a much closer look at each painting than squinting...
- This is a wonderful exhibit, and very informative by just scanning a code for explanations of each section of the Sistine Chapel. Excellent! Highly recommend.
- I was expecting an area hallway that you would walk thru surrounded, not just panels. But it was very interesting. The various videos were set too loud, couldnt hear the good music playing.
- Nice presentation but someone should tell you where to begin.
- Very informative. I learned quite a bit! A great experience!
- Loved it.... could have stayed for hours.
- Lack of signage was a real problem. The exhibit itself was wonderful but was VERY difficult to find.
- Please add better signage for out of towners. We had a heck of a time trying to find the location and had driven right past it.